Sandiip Sikcand is an Indian popular producer, writer, and director. He is known for producing various popular Indian soap operas. He
Sandiip Sikcand was born on 1 January 1970 (age 52; as of 2022). He did his schooling at St. Andrew’s High School in Mumbai. He studied commerce at Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
In an interview, he revealed that he underwent a hair transplant as his hair started falling when he was young.
He has got many tattoos inked on his body.
- He got inked a tattoo quoted “Dear God.. thank you…”
- ‘Colourful stars’ on his right forearm
- A rose flower on his neck below his right ear
- A heart and a pouch on his left forearm
- A tattoo on his left bicep
- A tattoo on his right bicep
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Veena Sikcand.
He has a sister.
He is unmarried.
Sandiip Sikcand had dreamt of becoming an actor since he was a child. He started his own theatre company named Masquerade wherein he started producing and directing plays. He also appeared in a supporting role in various shows like ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ (2000), ‘Kesar’ (2004), and ‘Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko’ (2004). In 2011, he played the role of a transgender, Nirmala Pandit, in the film “Murder 2.” According to him, it was the best role played by him in his acting career span.
He has produced various TV shows including ‘Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum’ (2019), ‘Mehendi Hai Rachne Wali’ (2021), and ‘Bohot Pyaar Karte Hai’ (2021).
In 2019, he produced a Tamil show “Gorintaku” which gained immense appreciation from the audience. In 2022, he made his debut in the Marathi television industry with the show ‘Abolie.’
In 2000, he worked as a creative director for the popular Indian soap opera “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii” which aired on Star Plus. Some other shows for which Sikcand has worked include ‘Amrit Manthan’ (2012), ‘Kasamh Se’ (2006), ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2013). In 2017, he did the show “Dhhai Kilo Prem” the concept of which is based on Sikcand’s own experiences in life. While talking about the show in an interview, he said,
I have always been a fat kid and this has been with me always from my school days. The concept of Dhhai Kilo Prem came out of this fact. This concept has come from my own life. In today’s time, we pay a lot of attention to how a person looks, and not on how a person behaves.”
Sandiip Sikcand played a significant role in introducing the controversial reality show “Bigg Boss” to Indian viewers. He was the Programming Head for Sony when the first season of Bigg Boss premiered in 2006. He also added an extra ‘G’ in the title of the show after which it is spelt as ‘Bigg Boss.’ Sikcand always stays connected with the show and usually shares his reviews for the show on his Twitter account.
He has made his guest appearance in the show in various seasons including seasons 14 and 16.
- Song: ‘Lag Jaa Gale’ from the film “Woh Kaun Thi?”
- TV Actor(s): Vivek Dahiya, Karan Grover, Sudeep Sahir
- TV Actress: Divyanka Tripathi, Dipika Kakar
- TV Show: Bigg Boss Marathi Season 2, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein
- Destination: New York, London
- Colour: Orange, Red, White, Black
- Web Series: House of Cards, Madam Secretary, 13 Reasons Why
- Sandiip Sikcand started his own Garment Export Business at the age of 17. He worked there for almost ten years, but later, he realised that he was not interested in that field and decided to try his hand at acting.
- After joining Balaji Telefilms as an Associate Creative Head; he was promoted to Creative Head within two months.
- He became the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of Sony Entertainment Television in 2006.
- He has a huge collection of DVDs which he never wanted to share with anyone.
- He loves to watch movies and plays in his leisure time.
- In an interview, when he was asked about his bucket list, he revealed that he wanted to buy a house in New York and wanted to travel the whole world.
- Apart from producing and creative direction, Sikcand has also worked as a writer and wrote some short films, though he didn’t get much success in it.
- His show “Mehendi Hai Rachne Wali” is a remake of his Tamil show “Gorintaku” which aired on Star Maa.
- Apart from Hindi serials, he also produced some Telugu, Kannada, and Marathi television serials.